Botox, Xeomin, Myobloc, and Dysport are administered by injection to treat FDA approved indications such as blepharospasm, cervical dystonia, chronic migraine, severe hyperhidrosis, strabismus, and upper limb spasticity. In most cases, you will receive injections every 12 weeks. We inject all of the above medications in our office.
Dr. James Patton of Asheville Neurology Specialists pioneered the use of Botulinum Toxin Therapy in Western North Carolina for the treatment of torticollis, spasticity, migraine and dystonia. At Asheville Neurology Specialists, we use the following injectables as appropriate for the treatment of those disease: Botox, Xeomin, Dysport and Myobloc.
(828) 210-9300 #9364
Ancillary Services Coordinator
Katie is the Patient Navigator for patients starting therapy with Botox, Xeomin, Dysport, Myobloc, Ocrevus and Tysabri services provided at the office and guides them through each step to treatment. She is an OPM Speaker for Botox and provides educational tools for other offices to educate them on how to successfully track and manage their patient load. Outside the office she is a cat lover at heart and values her connections with family and friends.
Katie obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in 2010 and is a Notary Public providing additional services in office for patients. She values patient care and education to help make the experience at our office more streamlined and user friendly.
Botulin Toxin Therapy
BOTOX® (onabotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used:
- to treat overactive bladder symptoms
- to treat leakage of urine (incontinence)
- to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraine w
- to treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, finger, and thumb muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
- to treat increased muscle stiffness in ankle and toe muscles in people 18 years and older with lower limb spasticity
- to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD)
- to treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm)
Botox Savings Program
Resources for Patients
To check your eligbillity for the botox savings program, fill out an application here.
To see a list of frequently asked questions, or to look at more resources, click here.
Xeomin Toxin Therapy
XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription drug for adults:
- that is injected into glands that make saliva and is used to treat long-lasting (chronic) drooling (sialorrhea).
- that is injected into muscles and used to:
XEOMIN Patient Savings Program
Once you and your doctor have decided XEOMIN is right for you, MERZ CONNECT™ offers you savings and support to help you get started and stay on therapy*
For eligible, commercially insured patients, Merz will reimburse out-of-pocket XEOMIN medication costs and related administration fees not covered by insurance, up to $5,000 EVERY 12 MONTHS.* Eligible commercially insured patients may pay as little as $0 out of pocket with the XEOMIN Patient Savings Program.*†
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a clinically appropriate patient for therapeutic treatment with XEOMIN, as determined by your doctor
- Be prescribed XEOMIN
- Be at least 18 years of age and less than 65 years of age
- Have commercial insurance that covers XEOMIN medication costs
- Not be enrolled in a state-funded or federally funded prescription insurance program*
To learn more about the patient assistance program, click here.