Support Groups for People with Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- African-American Support Groups Support: groups designed specifically for caregivers within the African-American community. For more information on these groups, contact: Charlotte facilitator, Juanita, at 202-321-0845 and Greensboro facilitator, Latonja, at 336-478-7417.
- Frontotemporal Degeneration (FTD) Caregiver Group: The FTD group is offered for family members, caregivers, and friends impacted by FTD. For more information on these groups, contact: Charlotte facilitator, Charles, at 704-442-5594 and Winston-Salem facilitator, Rona, at 336-448-2785.
- Men’s Coffee & Conversation: A men’s caregiver support group in Davidson, NC. For more information, contact the facilitator Bud at 704.526.7977.
- Spanish Language Support Group: Con el fin de dar a la comunidad información crítica, nuestro Grupo de Apoyo de enfermedades de Pérdida de la Memoria, Demencia y Alzheimer, está diseñado para apoyar al cuidador o cuidadora, y está facilitado en Español por un profesional capacitado. Para mas informacion, contacte Aida at 919-641-7405.
- Younger-Onset Care Partner Groups: These support groups encourage caregivers to maintain personal, physical and emotional health, as well as optimally care for the person with dementia. For more information, contact the facilitator, Eileen, at 704-909-2070.
Support Groups for People with MS
- The MS Community of WNC Awareness Group’s mission is to develop an inspirational and positive community consisting of individuals, families and caregivers in western North Carolina affected by multiple sclerosis along with supportive professionals, volunteers and neighbors. They educate and empower with opportunities and resources that will enhance quality of life while strengthening relationships. Groups are led by people with MS, and all groups are free of charge.
Recurring Event: 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month from 12 to 2pm
Location: West End Bakery & Café
757 Haywood Rd Asheville , NC 28806
For more MS Support Groups click here.