In light of the COVID-19 situation, we have started doing virtual visits for our appointments that can be completed without coming into the office. Doxy.me is our chosen way to communicate for video chat, and it is one of the ways that is reccomended by the Department of Health and Human Services. If you are interested in learning more about telehealth at Asheville Neurology, please call (828) 210-9300 and press 0, or send us a message via your patient portal.
Current Patients with Scheduled Appointments
If you have an appointment currently scheduled with us, you will likely be contacted to switch that appointment over to a virtual format. Theses measures will help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and assist in protecting our most vulnerable patients and staff members.
1) Is Doxy.me Secure?
Doxy.me complies with the security and privacy requirements of the healthcare industry. Here are the following ways they maintain security:
- Patient health information (PHI) is not stored, as a result this data cannot be stolen from Doxy.me servers
- Point-to-point NIST-approved AES 128 bit encryption is used for all video & audio communication
- Full volume encryption and 256-bit AES encrypted keys used on data stored at rest
- HIPAA and HITECH compliant servers
- OSSEC intrusion detection, file integrity monitoring, log monitoring, root check, and process monitoring
- Annual HIPAA risk assessments conducted
- Auditing, logging, backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures in place
2) How does doxy.me work?
3) How will I be billed for telehealth?
Because of the COVID-19 situation, many health insurance have waived copays for telemedicine visits. The best way to know if you will have a copayment is to call the number on the back of your insurance card. You can also contact our billing department at (828) 210-9300 option 3.
4) What if I have no way to do a video call?
We will make every effort to accommodate you without bringing you into our office, including via phone call or via the patient portal . However if an office visit is deemed essential, we will work to bring you in during our clinic hours. We will also screen you for potential COVID-19 symptoms and possible exposure prior to your arrival.